SMA 10.2 Getting Started Guide for Azure
Installing SMA 500v for Azure
To install SonicWall SMA 500v for Azure
- Log into your Microsoft Azure account at: https://portal.azure.com.
Click Storage accounts and navigate to the Containers of your storage account to make sure the current SMA 500v for Azure build is available.
On the Azure homepage, click Images.
- Click + Create.
On the Create image dialog, configure the following options: Name, Subscription, Resource group, Location, OS disk.
Browse and select the appropriate SMA 500v for Azure build in the Storage blob field. Click Create to build the image.
Wait some time for the image to be created for the SMA 500v for Azure current build.
- Click Notifications to see the status of the image creation.
Navigate to the Azure Home page and click Virtual machines.
On the Virtual machines page, click + Create to create a virtual machine.
On the Create a virtual machine page, configure the settings on the Basics tab:
- Resource group
- Virtual machine name
- Image—Click Browse all public and private images > My items, and select the image created for the current build.
- Size—Select the appropriate VM size. The default setting is Standard D2s v3 (2vcpus, 8G memory).
- In the Administrator account section, select one of the authentication methods and configure the settings for the selected authentication method:
- Choose to open the inbound port.
Leave the remaining default settings and click Review + Create at the bottom of the page to continue.
Verify the configuration and then click Create.
Click Notifications to check the deployment status.
Navigate to Home > Virtual machines, and click the newly created virtual machine to see the public IP address of the machine.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal