Secure Mobile Access 10.2 Deployment Guide
Adding a New SMA Custom Zone
Adding a new SMA custom zone on your gateway appliance is a necessary step in deploying your SMA appliance using Scenarios A and C. For more information, see the following sections:
To add a new SMA custom zone on the gateway appliance
- Using SonicOS, log into your gateway appliance as an administrator and navigate to the NETWORK | System > Interfaces page.
- Click the Configure icon for the interface connected to your SMA, such as X2.
Select Create new zone in the Zone field.
The Add Zone window opens.
- Enter SMA in the Name field.
- Select Public from the Security Type drop-down menu.
- Clear the Allow Interface Trust toggle.
Select the following check boxes:
• Enable Gateway Anti-Virus Service
• Enable IPS
• Enable Anti-Spyware Service
- Click Save.
- In the Edit Interface window again, enter the IP address for this interface in the IP Address field.
|Scenario A||Use an IP address in the default SMA X0 subnet (default |
|Scenario C||Use an IP address in the gateway LAN subnet (default |
- Enter your Subnet Mask.
- Optionally enter the Default Gateway, which is the WAN address of the gateway appliance.
- If you want to allow management of the gateway appliance over this interface, select the desired management options.
- If you want to allow users to log in to the gateway appliance using this interface, select the desired user login options.
- Click OK to apply changes.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal