Activating or Upgrading Licenses
After your SMA appliance is registered, you can activate licenses for Analyzer/ViewPoint, End Point Control, Spike License, and Web Application Firewall on the System > Licenses page. Analyzer/ViewPoint, and Web Application Firewall also offer a free trial. You can also upgrade a license from this page.
- To activate or upgrade licenses or free trials on your appliance:
- On the System > Licenses page, click Activate, Upgrade, or Renew services. The License Management page is displayed.
- Enter your MySonicWall username and password into the fields and then click Submit. The display changes to show the status of your licenses. The services can have a Try link, an Activate link, or an Upgrade link.
- To activate a free trial, click Try next to the service that you want to try. The page explains that you are guided through the setup of the service, and that you can purchase a SonicWall Inc. product subscription at any time during or after the trial. Click Continue and follow the setup instructions.
- To activate a new license which you have already purchased on MySonicWall or from your reseller, click Activate, Upgrade, or Renew services under the Manage Security Services Online section. Enter your license activation key into the <Product> Activation Key field, and then click Submit.
- After completing the activation or upgrading process, click Synchronize to update the appliance license status from the SonicWall Inc. licensing server. Rebooting the appliance also updates the license status.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal