Configuring DNS Settings
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is required to allow your SMA appliance to resolve host names and URL names with a corresponding IP address. This enables your SMA appliance to connect to hosts or sites using a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
To configure a DNS server
- Navigate to the Network > DNS page.
- In the DNS Settings region, type the address of the primary DNS server in the Primary DNS Server field.
- An optional secondary address can be provided in the Secondary DNS Server (optional) field.
- Optionally, use the DNS Search List field to create a pool of domain names:
- Type the domain suffix in the Domain Search List and click Add. The suffix is appended with the host name to make a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) that is used in host resolution.
- To remove a DNS suffix, select the domain suffix from the list and click Remove.
Use the up and down arrow keys to arrange the DNS domain suffixes in the order that is used to resolve host names.
For example, your host name is SonicPRS and the
rsc.sonicwall.com DNS suffixes are added to the search list. The first suffix is appended to SonicPRS to make the FQDN (
SonicPRS.usa.n.sonicwall.com) that is used in name resolution. If the name is not resolved, the next suffix in the search list is used (
SonicPRS.rsc.sonicwall.com). This process continues until the name is resolved or all suffixes have been tried.
- Click Accept.
- Restart the appliance to ensure new DNS settings take effect.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal