Configuring One-Time Passwords for SMS
You can use this feature to send short message with a one-time password (OTP) code to the users to log in to the appliance.
SonicWall SMA 100 series offers the ability to communicate with two different SMS service providers:
- AliSMS : Connect to the World with Alibaba Cloud SMS
- Twilio: Communication APIs for SMS, Voice, Video and Authentication
For the purpose of this example, Twilio will be used.
To add an SMS Template
- To add a policy, navigate to the Services > SMS Templates screen within the Secure Mobile Access management interface and select SMS Templates.
- Click Add SMS Template.
- Select the SMS Provider. The two providers are Aliyun and Twilio. You can add multiple provider templates in the appliance and use them in different domains or user levels.
- Enter a template Name.
- Enter Description for the SMS Template. Select the International check box, if applicable.
- Enter Account SID.
- Enter Auth Token.
- Type in the message your text message will say when the user receives the code. Please note you MUST include the %Code% in your body, or you will NOT receive the code.
- Enter the phone number of your SMS service account. This is the number that will SEND the text message. You must enter “+” and then the country code, followed by a space. Ensure that your employees do not block this number on their mobile device.
- Enter a test number that can be used to receive an SMS text. Enter your number like this example (using USA country code: +1 4045551234)
- After the test is successful and you receive a green success banner.
Click Accept to confirm the changes.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal