Services - From the drop down list, you can use the predefined service objects. You can also create a new Service Object by choosing Create new Service object. Services and Applications Rules are to be set in the same configuration, but could be independently deployed.
- Name - Enter a name to identify the Service Object.
- Protocol - From the drop down list, you can use the predefined protocol. If you want to use a custom protocol, choose Custom from the drop down list. Enter the custom protocol in the text box.
- Port Range - For some of the predefined protocols, the port range is selected by default.
- Sub Type - Choose a Sub Type from the drop down list. This field is available only for selected protocols.
Choose the SLA from the following options by clicking the radio button.
- Lowest Latency
- Lowest Jitter
- Lowest Packet Loss
- Select Custom SLA - To create custom SLA, select Custom SLA.
SOURCE AND DESTINATION
Choose the source and destination using the drop down list.
- Traffic Source / Network - From the drop down list, choose a source.
- Destination - From the drop down list, choose a destination.
These are the settings that help determine the network path that fulfills a specific network performance criteria, from a pool of available network paths.
There should be minimum 2 interfaces selected in the path selection.
WAN Interface - From the drop down list, choose WAN Interface. You can also add Physical and Virtual Interface. You can select multiple WAN Interfaces, which will be used for load-balancing as well as dynamic path selection based on the SLA criteria.
Physical Interface - Following are the fields for physical interface
- By Name - Use "By Name" to add a specific physical interface with a label. Examples: X20, U15, W18.
- By Range - Use "By Range" to add a range of physical interfaces with a common label. Examples: X20-X30, U15-U20, W18-W19.
After choosing the option, click Add to add the physical interface. elect Virtual Interface to view additional settings
Virtual Interface - Following are the fields for Virtual interface
INTERFACE SETTINGS - GENERAL
- Zone - Input a zone name.
- VLAN Tag - VLAN tag 0 or 1
- Parent Interface - Choose an interface from the drop down list.
- Mode / IP Assignment - From the drop down list, choose the mode as Static IP, Tap, Wire, DHCP.
- IP Address - Enter a valid IPV4 address.
- Subnet Mask - Enter a subnet mask address.
- Default Gateway (Optional) - Enter Default Gateway address. This field is optional.
- Comment - You can enter a comment and this field is optional.
- Add rule to enable redirect from HTTP to HTTPS - Toggle to enable or disable the rule.
- MANAGEMENT - Toggle the button to enable or disable the options from HTTPS, Ping, SNMP, SSH.
- USER LOGIN - Toggle the button to enable or disable the user login options from HTTP and HTTPS.
INTERFACE SETTINGS - ADVANCED
- Link Speed - Enter the link speed. You can choose the default MAC address which is 00:00:00:00:00:00 or override the default address by typing in the box below.
- Enable Auto-Discovery of SonicWall Switches - Toggle this to enable or disable auto discovery of SonicWall Switches.
- Enable flow reporting - Toggle this to enable or disable flow reporting on flows created for this interface
- Enable Multicast Support - Toggle this to enable or disable multicast Reception on the Interface
- Exclude from Route Advertisement (NSM, OSPF, BGP, RIP) - Toggle this to enable or disable. Enabling this option will exclude the interface from Route Advertisement.
- Enable Default 802.1p CoS - Toggle this to enable or disable 802.1p. After it is enabled, choose an option from the drop down list.
- Enable Asymmetric Route Support - Toggle this to enable or disable asymmetric Route Support on the Interface.
Backup WAN Interface - From the drop down list, choose backup WAN Interface.
WAN INTERFACE HEALTH CHECK PROBES
- Probe Target - Choose the Probe Target from the drop down list.
- Probe Type - Choose the type as Ping or TCP and enter the value in the text box.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal