WXA: How to upgrade the firmware on SonicWall WAN Acceleration Appliances & Software
03/26/2020 8 12284
DESCRIPTION: WXA: How to upgrade the firmware on SonicWall WAN Acceleration Appliances & Software
(Following procedure assumes that SonicWall WXA Appliance is already recognized and identified by Managing UTM appliance)
Make sure that on the managing UTM appliance go to System-> Administration and change the administrator inactivity time out to a higher value temporarily so that while the Firmware upgrade process is initiated, management Session is not timed out For example, Log out the administrator after inactivity of (minutes): 20 minutes
SonicWall WXA Firmware upgrade process is only supported from the UI of the WXA managaging UTM Appliance.
2. SonicWall always recommend customers to backup settings file before performing any firware upgrade process Login to the Managing UTM Appliance and Navigate to WAN Acceleration -> Advanced (in older Firmware versions) or WAN acceleration -> System (in newer firmware versions), go to "Policies " or " Settings" tab and download the current Settings file or Policy to your PC or Server
3. Navigate to WAN acceleration -> Advanced (older firmware versions) or WAN Acceleration -> System (newer firmware versions) and go to " Firmware " tab
4. Browse to the location where firmware is saved and select " upload ". Uploading of firmware normally takes 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Once the firmware is uploaded, select " Apply Upgrade" for the firrmware to be applied the WXA Appliance. Applying upgrade of firmware normally takes 3 to 5 minutes.
6. After applying the firmware upgrade , choose " Reboot" to compete firmware upgrade process to complete and it usually takes 3 to 5 minutes for the unit to be operational again with the new firmware