Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
With IPV6 enabled on Windows 10 DNS resolution for remote network via VPN connection fail to resolve
03/26/2020 9 8638
- With IPV6 enabled on Windows 10 DNS resolution for remote network via VPN connection fail to resolve.
- We have reviewed name resolution working fine with IPV6 disabled.
- IPV6 Discussion forum with respect to DNS Resolution over VPN.
- Network traffic for remote resources were found to be traversing through Local LAN interface rather than Tunnel interface.
- Post reviewing this behavior SonicWALL Engineering have identified the issue was related to metric value with respect to Interface.
- Post enabling of IPV6 metric Value precedence was given to Local Interface rather VPN Interface.
- These values could be manually changed in "rasphone.pbk" (IpInterfaceMetric=0 => IpInterfaceMetric=1 )
- SonicWALL Engineering have found a workaround to avoid manual modification of rasphone.pbk through Configuration Management extension (CEM).
- Log in to AMC.
- Click on Maintenance in the left-hand navigation menu.
- In the URL, append "?advanced=1", and hit return.
- Click on Configure under the new section Configuration extensions.
- Click New
- For the Key field, put in EVPN_DISABLE_ROUTE_METRIC_CHANGE
- For the Value field, put in 1.
- Click OK.
- Click Save,
- Apply Changes (this will force an apply-all, making the changes take effect).
- CEM Could be used on standalone devices or could be pushed from CMS to all Managed devices.
- This issue is seen with recent compiled binaries and updates.
- Such changes pushed are applied during tunnel instance. All values related to metric would be restored to default post Tunnel disconnection.