Wireless: How to Filter Wireless clients based on their MAC addresses for built-in Wireless
03/26/2020 12 10851
Wireless: How to Filter Wireless clients based on their MAC addresses for built-in Wireless.
Step 1: Log into the management interface of your SonicWall UTM appliance.
Step 2: Create Address object based on MAC address and then add address objects to a Group object.
- Navigate to Network | Address objects - Select the Radio button for Custom Address Objects.
- Click on Add under Address Objects as shown in the below image.
- There will be a small Window opened up as shown below:
- Name - Type in a name.
- Zone Assignment - Select "WLAN" in drop down menu.
- Type - Select "MAC" in drop down menu.
- MAC Address - Type in the MAC address of the wireless device and click on Add.
- For example in the below image address object Client1 and Client2 are created.
- Click on Add Group.
- On the left had side of the box Address objects will be available. Select the address object on the left hand side of the box and Push it to the right hand side of the box as shown in the below Images.
Step 3: Navigate to Wireless | MAC Filter List.
- Enable MAC Filter List
- Select the Address object Group name in "Allow List" if you want to Allow or Select the Address object Group Name in "Deny List" if you want to Deny the wireless clients.
- Click on "Accept".