Wireless: How to allow TCP communications between Wireless (Authenticated to SonicPoints) and
03/26/2020 18 12430
Wireless: How to allow TCP communications between Wireless (Authenticated to SonicPoints) and Wired Hosts connected to the same network without using Layer2 bridge Mode.
1. Configure any unused interface with a Zone of security type "Wireless" where SonicPoints and Wired Hosts will be connected to.
(You can also create a custom Zone, but the Security type of the Zone should be "Wireless")
In this case, both Wireless and Wired Hosts are connected to the same 192.168.56.0/24 network.
2. Go to the diagnostic page, select "Internal Settings" and under "Wireless Settings", enable "Enable local wireless Zone traffic to bypass gateway firewalling" checkbox and select "Accept" on the top.
3. Go to Network | Zones and edit the properties of the Zone that is used in Step1:
- Enable "Allow Interface Trust";
- Disable "Only allow traffic generated by a SonicPoint/ SonicPoint N";
- Enable "Enable local wireless Zone traffic to bypass gateway firewalling"
4. Re-provision the SonicPoint(s) for the changes to take effect
How to Test:
Choose a Wired host and a Wireless host on 192.168.56.0/24 network and test any TCP connectivity - For Example, RDP Access