Windows based Connect Tunnel and its functionality
03/26/2020 5 8094
Windows based Connect Tunnel , Driver Signing and its functionality.
- Connect Tunnel for Windows is supported on all Windows Platform.
- Windows CT VPN client is built on TDI (Transport Driver Interface) - a common interface for communication with various network transport protocols.
- Microsoft recently announced their intent to deprecate support for TDI drivers in the near future, on all of its operating systems.
Some of the drivers associated with Connect Tunnel are either expiring or will no longer be signed by Microsoft.
- Keeping these facts SonicWall has designed a newer Client - "Device Guard for Connect Tunnel" which would be an option/ replacement current Connect Tunnel model .
- SonicWall QA have tested Windows CT on various updates and versions/builds for Windows CT and have found no issues.*
- SonicWall Engineering are actively working on improvements and features with respect to "Device Guard for Connect Tunnel".
SonicWall QA have not seen any issues with unsigned drivers nor foresee any issues with respect to unsigned drivers.
It is therefore recommended for customers to move towards "Device Guard for Connect Tunnel" or not to block Connect Tunnel drivers for user installations or functionality for any unsigned drivers or expired driver validations.
* Please review Known Issues & Limitations with respect to Windows CT