Why is my MySonicWall two-step verification code not accepted?
03/26/2020 286 9517
With Two-step Verification, even if someone obtains your MySonicWall username or email address and your password, they cannot access your account unless they also have access to your email account or your smart phone.
Use the My Account | Two-step Verification page to select the Two-step Verification method that you prefer:
- Email – using the email address specified in your MySonicWall account
- Microsoft / Google Authenticator App – on your smart phone or tablet
- Turn Off – to disable Two-step Verification for your account
After your username/email and password are correctly entered into the login page, MySonicWall sends a short numerical code as a one-time password to your email or it requires you to enter the code generated by the Authenticator app on your smart phone/tablet.
With the email option, you have a few minutes to enter the code into the login screen. After a few minutes, you will need to start the login sequence over and use the code from the new email.
A limited number of users have reported that the verification code they receive is not being accepted by the MySonicWall website. This is a known issue that we are actively working to resolve.
While we are investigating this, Customer Service can assist by removing the Two-Step Verification requirement from your account.
Please contact Customer Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please provide the following:
- Username/email address of your MySonicWall.com account
- Screenshot of the error message you are receiving
- If you would like to temporarily remove the Two-Step Verification from your account please state this in your email.
If you prefer you can contact Customer Service by phone and we will create a Customer Service case. You can find the phone number here: