Why do I see "HTTP Method detected Examine stream for host header" in the logs?
03/26/2020 13 13418
DESCRIPTION: When visiting certain HTTP sites the page does not load. Under the SonicWall Log view the following message is displayed "HTTP Method detected. Examine stream for host header". This message is generated by the CFS engine when CFS is enforced on the zone on which the user is connected (eg. LAN zone).
1) Login to the SonicWall management interface.
2) Replace main.html with diag.html in the browser page.
3) Click on Internal Settings. (A word of caution: Do not make any other changes on this page unless directed by a Tech Support Engineer).
4) Scroll down to section "Security Services Settings".
5) Disable "Enforce Host Tag Search for CFS".
6) Click accept and reboot the SonicWall.
To test: re-visit the website that was triggering the log message.