Why Choose SonicWaves over SonicPoints?
07/13/2020 2 People found this article helpful 90,551 Views
This article talks about the features of SonicWave and why you should choose SonicWaves for your wireless network.
WCM- WiFi Cloud Manager
UTM-Unified Threat Management
GMS- Global Management System
NAT- Network Address Translation
The SonicWave series of access points can be classified primarily into two categories:
- 400 series (4x4 Radio) Models: 432i,432e,432o
- 200 Series (2x2 Radio) Models: 231c,224w,231o
The SonicPoint series of access points models are :
- SonicPoint ACi (3x3 Radio)
- SonicPoint ACe (3x3 Radio)
- SonicPoint N2 (3x3 Radio)
SonicWave vs. SonicPoint
802.11ac WAVE 2
Dedicated Scanning Radio
BLE(Bluetooth Low Energy)
Content Filtering and Capture ATP
2.5GbE LAN Ports
Customizable Captive portal
Radio Resource Management and Dynamic Channel selection
NOTE: (1) SonicWave 224w does not support Radio Resource Management and Dynamic Channel selection and does not have a dedicated scanning radio.
(2) 2.5GbE Ports are available in the SonicWave 400 series.
SonicWave vs. SonicPoint (Performance)
In terms of performance, the SonicWave outclasses the SonicPoint series at the hardware level.
- The 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless standard, which includes multi-user, multiple-input,multiple-output (MU-MIMO) technology. MU-MIMO enables simultaneous transmission from the AP to multiple wireless clients, resulting in exceptionally fast wireless performance.
- SonicWave reduces the airtime required to transmit data, which decreases latency, enhancing user experience SonicWave APs can transmit up to four devices at a time using MU-MIMO technology.
SonicWave vs. SonicPoint (Management)
In terms of management, the SonicWave devices can be cloud-managed via WiFi Cloud Manager, can be managed via the UTM and GMS. SonicPoints can only be managed by UTM or GMS.
- With WCM you can manage all your SSonicWaves from a single pane of glass. The SSonicWaves can be grouped via geographic locations or grouped per account. This helps with the ease of management and maintenance.
- Customizable Captive portal
- NAT mode
- Client isolation per SSID (in NAT mode)
- Wireless client diagnostics: client.mysonicwave.com
SonicWave vs. SonicPoint (Security)
SonicWaves offers the following security services:
- Content Filtering Services
- SonicWall Capture ATP
- Geo-IP and Botnet Filter
Dedicated Third Radio for Security Scanning:
The third radio is dedicated to security and performs rogue AP detection, passive scanning, and packet capturing.
BUILD FOR OUTDOORS
SonicWave 400 series outdoor APs (432o) are built to withstand rough outdoor conditions. They are IP67 rated. SonicWave 432o APs have the highest Ingress Protection (IP) rating for protection against dust, and protection against immersion in water up to a depth of 1 meter (IP 67).
Amidst rising wireless threats, SonicWall SonicWave APs provide a best-in-class solution to protect your wireless network holistically. The Capture Cloud Platform, Content Filtering, Capture ATP, protects endpoints and end-users that are connected via wireless without sacrificing performance. Rich feature sets, along with support for the latest technology, ensures that you benefit from best-in-breed solutions, and increased reliability.