Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
What's the difference Between NSM Essential And NSM Advanced based on report and NSM?
06/21/2021 10 753
Differences between NSM Essential and NSM Advanced licensing from the NSM interface.
- NSM Essential: Management with 7-day SFR(SonicWall Flow Report) based reporting. Customers with an NSM Essential license will not get full reporting and Analytics.
- NSM Advanced: Management with 7-day SFR(SonicWall Flow Report) based reporting + full 365 days of reporting and 30 days of analytics.
- Management with 7-day SFR(SonicWall Flow Report) based reporting
Netflow reporting up to 7 days. We can get Netflow reports such as applications, users, from the NSM interface in 15 minute intervals.
- Full 365 days of reporting and 30 days of analytics plus Real-time monitoring of Flow reports
Flow reporting viewable in real time, stored for 365 days. We can get the same Netflow reports such as applications, users, from the NSM interface, as well as an expanded list of flow categories.
- Navigate to NSM | FIREWALL |MONITOR.
- In addition with the NSM Advanced license flow reporting can be archived for download or sent via email.
- We can also generate PDF reports and send them by email. These reports could be type FLOW, CTA and Management reports types.
NOTE: FLOW reports via email and archived downloads are not included in NSM Essential licenses.
- Navigate to Home | Schedule Report | Rules.
- NSM advanced PDF Flow reports include the following information:
- NSM Advanced - Analytics
NOTE: Analytics is not included from NSM Essential license. Up to 30days of analytics are retained with the NSM Advanced license.
- NSM Advanced allows deep analytics report from Drill down option, showing detail such as the source and destination of every single flow.
- Navigate to Monitor | Detail | Application | Data Grid – Drill Down to Groups
- DRILL Down to groups