What is Anti-Phishing Technique
12/20/2019 1049 9779
Anti-Phishing Technique Feature Description
Phishing attacks are a form of fraud. Phishing attacks use email with fraudulent content to steal consumers' personal identity data and financial account credentials. Use Anti-Phishing Techniques option on ES UI to take action on messages that are phishing attacks or that are likely to contain phishing attacks. Go to Manage | Security Services | Anti-Phishing
For messages that contain phishing attacks or are likely to contain phishing attacks, choose one of the following actions:
- Phishing blocking off (deliver messages to users) -- Do not take any protective action when receiving phishing emails.
- Permanently delete -- Use this option with caution: deleted email cannot be retrieved.
- Bounce back to sender -- Return the email message without accepting it.
- Store in Junk Box -- Store email messages in the Junk box for the previously specified number of days.
- Send to (email address) -- Forward the email message to the specified email address for review.
- Tag with (text) -- Tag the email message by adding the entered text to the beginning of the subject line and deliver the message to the recipient.
- Add X-Header -- Add an X-Header with the key and value specified to the email message. This option will not take any protective action against the email: it will simply add a header to the email. The first text field defines the X-Header, and the second text field is the value of the X-Header.
EXAMPLE: you could add a header of type "X-EMSJudgedThisEmail" with value "DefinitePhishing" resulting in this header being added to the email: "X-EMSJudgedThisEmail: DefinitePhishing"
- Check the Allow users to unjunk phishing messages check box to allow users to unjunk messages containing phishing attacks.
- Enter the email addresses of administrators or others in the Send copies of emails containing phishing attacks to the following email addresses text box.