Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
What are WiFi Planner best practices?
06/08/2020 8 4234
WiFi planner is available for free a trial. Capture Security Center users can access the survey tool to design a wireless network for optimal deployment.
For information on how to use the WiFi planner please see: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/200504014348123
- Select the correct country to comply with the wireless standards in your region.
- Set an accurate scale for the floorplan that you uploaded or created.
- Choose WiFi zone. You can specify exclusion zones as needed.
- Gather all building material in order to accurately calculate the signal loss.
- Choose the Plan Advisor to select access points.
- Wireless Device: SonicWave access points are the optimal devices to be used for designing your next wireless project. You can use either SonicWave 200 series, or SonicWave 400 series.
- Radio: For faster speeds, use the 5GHz radio. The 2.4 GHz can be used if longer range is in consideration. However, selecting the 2.4GHz radio will have a significant impact on performance.
- Transmit Power: Select Half for transmit power.
- Minimum Signal Strength (RSSI): Selecting -60dBm should be OK. However, if you prefer stronger signal choose -50dBm.