WAF: How to Configure URL Whitelisting on WAF?
03/26/2020 4 6374
How to Configure URL White Listing on WAF Appliance,
How WAF can be used to limit access to certain URL’s with in an app server and block everything else.
1] URL White Listing.
How to Configure URL Whitelisting on WAF?
Here are the examples how to configure below doamins on WAF Path Uri’s allowed.
Ex: www.mydomain.com/abc and www.mydomain.com/allowed
How to configure URL Whitelisting on Web Application Firewall using custom rule feature of WAF, which requires the WAF Licensing to use this feature.
1) URL whitelisting can be achieved using WAF custom rules.
Configuration steps as below.
Step 1: Creating custom Rule for URL's:
- Login to the SonicWall WAF Management
- Go to ‘Web Security -> Custom Rules’ and follow the instructions as mentioned in the screenshots
- Add a rule chain with action ‘Disable/Detect/Prevent’ for the URI
- Before/After creating the custom rule, enable the ‘Enable Custom Rules’ and apply settings.
- Access the WebApp (created using the same URI), it will apply the custom rule with defined action.