Unable to Unjunk message with an error message: " Failed to Unjunk"
06/08/2020 1,065 People found this article helpful 196,430 Views
When you try to Unjunk any email from the junk box and it fails to Unjunk any message with the following error:
A total of 1 message was selected.1 failed to Unjunk.
This could be due to configuration error in setting up the Backup SMTP server on the device.
Typically, Backup SMTP server should be the next hop or the downstream server. Most commonly used Backup SMTP server on ES would be the mail server's IP address
If your Backup SMTP server IP is right , then anti-spam setting on your downstream server maybe one reason that might prevent the unjunking of emails.
Error as below :
To make sure the Backup SMTP server is set up correctly, please follow the steps as mentioned below:
1. Login to the Email security server as admin
2. Go to Manage | System Setup | Monitoring
3. Go to the section: "Name or IP address of backup SMTP servers:"
4. Make sure the IP listed there is the IP of your mail server. (if not, change it to correct IP, It should have the internal IP of mail server listed)
5. Test it by clicking on "Test Fallbacks" to make sure it connecting to your backup SMTP server.
6. Click on "Apply Changes" to save the changes.
7. Try to Unjunk the email again and it should work.
In case of multiple Organizational units (OU's), the backup SMTP server is empty even though it is configured on the main Monitoring page (Admin)and needs to be added manually.
- Sign in as OU Admin
- Navigate to Manage | System Setup | Monitoring
- Navigate to the section: Name or IP address of backup SMTP servers
- Enter the same backup SMTP IP address as set up on the original (front) Monitoring page by Admin.
- Test it by clicking on Test Fallbacks to make sure it connecting to your backup SMTP server.
- Click Apply Changes to save the changes.
Try to Unjunk the email again and it should work.
NOTE: Make sure you do not have any anti-spam security scanning’s(like content filtering, IPS, IDS, Sender reputation check, Sender ID filter, Recipient filter, Intelligent message filter, etc.) enabled in your downstream server. If the navigation or the screenshot looks different from the one mentioned above, you may be in an older firmware version and would require a firmware upgrade. Please refer to How Do I Upgrade Firmware On An Email Security Appliance? to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
Was This Article Helpful?