Troubleshooting: User cannot log in the firewall.
12/20/2019 65 33707
When you try to access Internet through the firewall or manage the firewall, you may need to enter your Username and Password. However, although the Username and Password are correct, you still cannot login. This may caused by incorrect configurations. This article will list several issues and provide you with possible solutions.
- User login not allowed from here.
- If user login for Internet access, please check which firewall interface your client is connected to. Login to the firewall with built in administration account. Navigate to MANAGE | Network | Interfaces, click Edit button of the interface your client connects to. Select HTTP or HTTPS at the User Login option.
- If user login for the firewall management and the login zone is WAN, please navigate to Users | Local Users. Check the admin rights of the user.
NOTE: Limited Admin user cannot login to manage the firewall from WAN zone. For more details, please refer to Access Rights for Administrators.
- User login denied - User has no privileges for login from that location (User try to manage the firewall).
- Navigate to Users | Local Users and Groups | Click Edit button of the user, click tab Groups. Check whether the login user has the administration rights. If not, add a administrator role to the user.
- If just the LDAP or RADIUS user (user has administrator rights) cannot log in the firewall, on the AD (Active Directory), create a group on the AD (Active Directory), make sure the users are added to that group which need to access the SonicWall or have admin rights . import that group on SonicWall .
- Navigate to Users | Local Users and Groups | Click Edit button of the group (we imported from AD), add a administrator role to the Group.