Troubleshooting "Report could not be generated" message
03/26/2020 1,190 People found this article helpful 16,962 Views
This article covers Analyzer not generating reports.
Verify whether the Analyzer settings on your SonicWall appliance are correct:
- Log into the SonicWall appliance.
- Navigate to the Log > Analyzer page (5.9 or later firmware only, 5.8 firmware uses the Log>Syslog page).
- In the Syslog Servers section, verify the IP address and port (default: 514) of the SonicWall Analyzer server.
- Make sure Enable Analyzer Settings checkbox is checked.
Logging Level and Logging Categories in SonicWall
- In the SonicWall GUI, go to Log > Settings (5.9 or newer firmware; 5.8 firmware uses Log>Categories).
- Set Logging Level to Informational. Setting this option would enable the SonicWall to create required logs.
- Check the required categories under Syslog. Categories thus enabled would be sent to the Syslog or Analyzer server.
Verify that the Date & Time settings on the SonicWall appliance and on the Analyzer Server are correct
- In the Sonicwall GUI go to System > Time.
- Make sure Time, Date and Time Zone are correctly set.
- In Analyzer Time settings can be found at General > Status under the UTM tab (Reports in older versions).
SonicWall Appliance settings in Analyzer server
- Start and login to the SonicWall Analyzer server. The Status page appears.
- Select a unit in the left pane of the SonicWall Analyzer UI under the Firewall tab.
- Right-click on the unit and select Modify Unit from the pop-up menu.
- In the Modify Unit window verify the Username, Password, IP address, HTTPS port, and Serial Number.
- Note: If the Sonicwall Appliance HTTPS management Port (default: 443) has been modified, then make appropriate changes in the Management Port field.
Was This Article Helpful?