Support Services Reinstatement
03/26/2020 1017 13771
What is it?
SonicWall requires continuous coverage for support agreements. Generally, new agreements are retroactively activated to the expiration date of the most recent warranty or support agreement. Customers with expired warranties or support agreements who purchase a SonicWall support services reinstatement and a new one-year support agreement receive 12 months of support beginning on the date of activation. SonicWall waives support services reinstatement for customers who purchase and activate a two- or three-year 8x5 or 24x7 dynamic support agreement or Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite.
Your Support agreement expired six months ago:
- Purchasing support reinstatement enables you to download only the latest software/firmware updates.
- Purchasing a new one-year support agreement provides you six months of support. This is because new support agreements are retroactively activated to the expiration date of the most recent warranty or agreement.
- Purchasing support reinstatement and a new one-year support agreement provides you 12 months of support beginning on the date of activation.
- Purchasing a new two- or three-year agreement automatically waives support reinstatement and you will receive 24 or 36 months of support from the date of activation.
Support services reinstatement includes a one-time update to the most current software and firmware. It does not include the following:
- Telephone/web-based support
- Hardware replacement
- Enhanced escalation