SSLVPN user after login can't reach destination when interface in Bridge Mode
03/26/2020 12 13211
SSLVPN users can't reach destination network even if VPN routes are correctly set up following: How to configure SSL-VPN feature
In this scenario, the interface of the destination network (i.e. X0) is bridged to another interface (i.e. X2) assigned to a different zone.
When an interface is bridged to another one and they're assigned to two different zones, the access rules will be automatically placed by SonicOs (after configuring the SSL-VPN) from X0 zone (i.e. LAN) to SSLVPN and from SSLVPN to LAN.
If X0 is bridged to another interface assigned to a different zone (i.e. X2 - DMZ zone), an identical access rule as the one auto-added from SSLVPN to LAN and LAN to SSLVPN must be placed from SSLVPN to DMZ and viceversa in order to allow traffic.
Taking as example that:
- X0 is assigned to the LAN zone and it's the destination network of SSLVPN
- X0 is bridged to X2 which is assigned to DMZ zone
An auto-added access rule will be placed from LAN to SSLVPN and from SSLVPN to LAN. In order to make it working we need to create the same access rules from DMZ to SSLVPN and viceversa:
- Go to Firewall | Access Rules
- Select SSLVPN to DMZ
- Add a new access rule as following:
- Service: Any
- Source: SSLVPN Pool
- Destination: X0 Subnet
- Leave the other fields as they are.
- Add another access rule from DMZ to SSLVPN, inverting Source and Destination.