SSL-VPN: Unable to save username and password on UTM SSL VPN Netextender client
03/26/2020 35 15831
The Netextender SSLVPN client is not saving user credentials in a connection profile for the UTM SSLVPN connection. This feature is convenient so that remote users can launch the Netextender SSLVPN client application in standalone mode, to quickly reconnect to the UTM device for secure remote access.
1. Log into the UTM appliance web management GUI; go to the SSLVPN - Client Settings screen.
2. Change two settings: a) enable "Create Client Connection Profile" and set the option "User Name & Password Caching" to 'Allow saving of user name & password' (see below).
Resolution for SonicOS 6.5
This release includes significant user interface changes and many new features that are different from the SonicOS 6.2 and earlier firmware. The below resolution is for customers using SonicOS 6.5 firmware.
- Log into the SonicWall Management Interface
- Click Manage in the top navigation menu
- Navigate to SSLVPN | Client Settings
- Edit Default Device Profile, then navigate to Client Settings
- Enable Create Client Connection profile and Select Allow saving of user name & password under User Name & Password Caching