Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
SSL-VPN 2FA: How to unbind TOTP for a single user or multiple users
05/25/2021 3 674
This article provides information on how to unbind TOTP for a single user or multiple users if the user looses access to the cellphone that the App is already bind to.
If the TOTP is enabled at User level :
- Go to Users |Local users and select the user you want to unbind the TOTP for.
- Click the configure option and hit Unbind option next to TOTP setting.
If the TOTP is enabled at group level, not at user level:
- On the user settings the ‘One-time password method’ is set to Disabled - so there is no UNBIND OTP KEY button there.
- And under the settings for the group, the OTP method is set to TOTP and there is no Unbind button there either.
- Go to Users | Local users and select ENABLE TOTP for the user that you want the UNBIND for
- After Enabling TOTP, click UNBIND
TOTP for that particular user will be UNBIND and then you can bind it to a new cell phone.