Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
SonicWall TZ400 Wireless (TZ400W) out of box
03/26/2020 60 22321
NOTE: Video Link: SonicWall TZ400 Wireless (TZ400W) Out of Box Video.
The SonicWall TZ400 Wireless package includes the following
Front and Back Views of the SonicWall TZ400W
SonicWall TZ400W Port Descriptions
Cabling the SonicWall TZ400W as a Network Gateway
- Locate the SonicWall ports X0 and X1, port X0 is also label as LAN and port X1 is also label as WAN.
- Connect your Internet access device such as a cable or DSL modem to SonicWall WAN (X1 port).
- Connect SonicWall LAN (X0 port) to your laptop or PC or to a Network Switch that to which your network devices such as PCs, game consoles, Smart TVs, etc are connected.
- Other ports such as X2, X3 … can be assign to other networks.
- Option 1
- Option 2
Power On SonicWall TZ400W
- Plug the power cable into an appropriate power outlet (110 - 240 volts).
- Appliance powers on and the orange LED blinks during the boot sequence. This process may take up to 2 minutes.
Access the SonicWall Admin User Interface
- Connect a PC to the SonicWall LAN (X0) interface or a network switch connected to the LAN interface. You will automatically receive an IP address from the SonicWall appliance.
- Open a browser to https://192.168.168.168 for access to the SonicWall.
SonicWall TZ400W First time setup
Setup Wizard walk through
- For the first time access as the admin user, you will be offered a choice to use a Setup Wizard or go directly to the SonicWall management Interface.
- At the Setup Wizard Launch Page, click the Setup Wizard link here.
At the Setup Wizard Welcome Page
- Click Next.
At the Admin Credentials page
The Admin default login credentials are
- Click Next
IP Configuration page
- The WAN Interface will detect for a DHCP server to retrieve its IP configurations.
- If no DHCP server is detected or if you wish to enter static IP parameters then click on the link Manual Config.
- Click Next.
IP Configuration success page
- The IP configuration for the WAN interface is complete and the Setup Wizard is done.
- Click Done.