SonicWall Flexible Storage Module Installation
03/26/2020 7 6498
This document provides instructions for removing and installing the Flexible Storage Module in your NSa appliance. The storage module must be installed in the M1 slot on the back of your NSa appliance.
Rear View Similar to the NSa 2650/3650
Rear View Similar to the NSa 4650-9650
CAUTION: The Flexible Storage Module contains parts and assemblies susceptible to damage by electrostatic discharge (ESD). To prevent damage, handle the module using standard ESD procedures such as storing in an electrostatic bag and handling while grounded.
For more information on safety and regulatory information, refer to the Quick Start Guide for the product in which the Flexible Storage Module is being installed.
NOTE: The Flexible Storage Module is not hot swappable. The appliance needs to be powered down before replacing it. Consider backing up the data on the NSa appliance prior to removing and installing the device.
Removing the Cover Plate or Defective Flexible Storage Module
To remove the cover plate or a defective Flexible Storage Module from the NSa appliance:
- Power off the appliance by pressing the power button on the lower right corner on the front panel.
- Loosen the thumb screws in the M1 slot.
- Grip the thumb screws and remove the cover plate.
- Grip the thumb screws and slide the storage module out of the appliance.
Installing the Flexible Storage Module
CAUTION: Do NOT insert anything except the Flexible Storage Module into the slot labeled for the module (M1). The module is not designed to fit in the M0 slot.
To install the new Flexible Storage Module unit in the NSa appliance:
- Remove the new storage module from the shipping package.
- Remove the M1 cover plate or defective storage module if not already done.
- Insert the new storage module into the empty slot, label side up.
- Press the storage module firmly into place to seat the connectors.
- Tighten both thumb screws by pushing in and turning to the right.
- Tighten the thumb screws with a Phillips head screw driver.
- Power the appliance on by pressing the power button on the front of the appliance, to confirm operation.
This storage module is for use only with SonicWall appliances indicated below. Use of this storage module with a SonicWall appliance that is not approved voids the warranty for that appliance. Contact SonicWall Support for details at https://www.sonicwall.com/support/contact-support.
This storage module, 01-SSC-0027 SONICWALL SATA STORAGE 1TB, is approved for use with:
- 01-SSC-1936 SONICWALL NSa 2650 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1937 SONICWALL NSa 3650 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1938 SONICWALL NSa 4650 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1939 SONICWALL NSa 5650 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1940 SONICWALL NSa 6650 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1941 SONICWALL NSa 9250 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1942 SONICWALL NSa 9450 APPLIANCE
- 01-SSC-1943 SONICWALL NSa 9650 APPLIANCE