SonicPoint ACi/ACe/N2:Overview, Features and Specifications
12/20/2019 1,216 People found this article helpful 204,473 Views
- Comprehensive wireless security features include Wireless Intrusion Detection Services (WIDS), wireless firewalling, secure Layer 3 wireless roaming, IEEE 802.11d multi-country roaming, and integrated Wireless Guest Services (WGS) to enforce password access for customers and other third-party guests.
- High-performance wireless features include 80 MHz channels and packet aggregation to support combined radio data rates up to 1.3 Gbps on the SonicPoint ACe and ACi and 500 Mbps on the SonicPoint N. Dual-Radio and Dual-Band supports operation on either 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz networks.
- Central WLAN management can be administered using SonicWall SuperMassive™ 9000, E-Class Network Security Appliance (NSA), NSA and TZ Series firewalls, and requires no pre-configuration of the SonicPoint-N devices.
- Enhanced wireless reliability is delivered using 3x3 Multiple-Input Multiple-Out (MIMO) technology that utilizes multiple antennas at the transmitter and the receiver to enhance throughput and reliability.
- Plenum rating ensures that the SonicPoint has been tested and is compliant with UL 2043, the method for determining the fire performance response of electrical equipment for above-ceiling installation or suspended from drop ceilings.
- Flexible wireless deployment options include wall or ceiling mounting. SonicPoint Series wireless access points can receive power from a SonicWall IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) Injector or third-party device for easy deployment where electrical outlets are not readily accessible. The SonicPoint ACe can also be powered directly through a DC adapter.
- Virtual Access Point (VAP) segmentation enables up to eight SSIDs to have dedicated authentication and privacy settings while sharing the same physical infrastructure, providing logical segmentation of secure wireless network traffic and secure customer access.
- Broad protocol support includes 802.11 a/b/g/n, WPA2 and WPA, allowing businesses to leverage prior investments in devices that are incapable of supporting higher encryption standards, while easing migration to 802.11ac.
- Granular security policy enforcement allows the implementation of firewall rules to all wireless traffic, and controls all wireless client communications to any host on the network—wired or wireless.
- Discreet wireless access point deployment features light and logo covers, controllable LED (except power) and internal antennas (on SonicPoint-ACi models).
- FairNet wireless bandwidth allocation guarantees a minimum amount of bandwidth to each wireless client in order to prevent disproportionate bandwidth consumption by a single user.
|Model ||N2 (NDRv2) ||ACi ||ACe |
|Chassis ||~150mm diameter ||~150mm diameter ||~150mm diameter |
|Protocol ||802.11n ||802.11ac ||802.11ac |
|Radio ||3x3 MiMo ||3x3 MiMo ||3x3 Mimo |
|Antenna type ||External ||Internal ||External |
|Antenna Qty ||3+3 (SMA 2.5G +TNC 5G or other Micro SMA Option) ||6 ||3+3 (SMA 2.5G +TNC 5G or other Micro SMA Option) |
|Power Source ||POE ||POE ||POE + DC |
|POE Requirements ||802.3at ||802.3at ||802.3at |
|Theoretical Performance ||900Mbps ||1750Mbps ||1750Mbps |
|Actual Performance ||450+Mbps ||850+Mbps ||850+Mbps |
|LAN Ports No. ||2 ||2 ||2 |
Was This Article Helpful?