Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
SMB SSL-VPN: Upgrading firmware on SMA 500v Virtual Appliance
02/02/2021 39 13991
To update the firmware on your new SMA 500v Virtual Appliance:
- In MySonicWall, navigate to Resources & SUpport |Download Center page, select SMA 500v firmware in the Software Type dropdown list.
- Click the desired firmware link and save the .sig file to your local computer.
- Log into your SMA 500v Virtual Appliance, and navigate to the System | Settings page.
- Select Upload New Firmware and browse to the location where you saved the firmware image file,
- Select the file, and click the Upload button.
- Do one of the following:
- To boot the new firmware with current configuration settings, click the boot icon for New Firmware.
- To boot the new firmware with factory default settings, click the boot icon for New Firmware and select Boot with factory default settings.