SMA1000 Hotfix Update or Rollback recommendation.
04/19/2021 1 319
What are best practices for firmware upgrade or applying of hofix.
SonicWall SMA1000 Hotfix updating or removal Process:
1) All hotfix for supported firmware versions are released quarterly.
2) Hotfix released and web-posted on MySonicwall for SMA1000 are cumulative.
2) Hotfix released are supported with Technote (Must Read) for all administrators. There would Pform & Clt hotfix (Pform-hotfix are recommended to apply first and then CLT-hotfix)
3) While removing the hotfix it is recommended to remove CLT-Hotfix first and then Pform-Hotfix for specific versions.
3) All hotfix are recommended to be applied from a PC internal to the network where the device being placed.
4) Hotfix are not recommended to be applied over VPN or any other external network.
5) All hotfix are to be applied to Managed Appliances first and then Central Management Server. In case Standalone appliances apply Pform-hotfix first and than CLT-Hotfix)
6) MD5 checksum value provided to check file Integrity of hotfix post download.
7) Customers are recommended to have console access to their appliances for any troubleshooting any failures.
8) Appliance configuration backup is ideal prior to applying hotfix or removal of hotfix.
a) Recommended to take backup of configuration.
b) Having console access to the device . Please review knowledgebase article how to connect console cable to the device.
ESXI based deployment:
a) Recommend to shutdown the appliance and take snapshot of the instance prior to applying of hotfix.
Hyper-V, AZURE or AWS Deployment:
a) Recommend to take backup of configuration. Then shutdown the instance and have a new Instance spun-up .
b) Apply latest hotfix and have the configuration imported. Note: This would be a recommendation for the hotfix released in the month of March 2021.