SMA100 seres: How to apply EPC (End Point Control) restrictions to Users/Groups
07/14/2021 39 People found this article helpful 200,175 Views
This article is a sample to create an EPC profile to allow access to users who have Windows version10 along with Kaspersky Internet Security .
Users who don't fulfill those requirements will be denied access to the portal.
- Navigate to End Point Control | Device Profiles and then click on Add Device Profile.
- Fill in the Name and Description field at your convenience. On the device profile type select Windows.
- On the Attribute menu type select Windows Version
- Now we add the second attribute, select "Antivirus program" "Kaspersky Labs"
- Now that we have our device profile we just need to apply it. The policy can be applied in 3 different levels-
Global: Enable EPC under Users| Local Groups| Global Policies. Add the EPC profile created.
Group level: Enable EPC under Users| Local Groups| Specific group. Add the EPC profile. Disable Inherit global device profile to allow only group policies.
User level: Enable EPC under Users| Local Users| Specific User. Add the EPC profile. Disable Inherit global device profile to allow only user specific policies.
- Now test the configuration. If the user meets the requirements, he will have access to the portal. If he doesn't, he will see the following error message:
Was This Article Helpful?