SMA100: How to generate Certificate Signing Request and import a signed certificate?
11/15/2021 250 People found this article helpful 45,462 Views
How to generate Certificate Signing Request and import a signed certificate?
NOTE: Please create a System backup before modifying/editing any settings.
To generate a CSR:
- Navigate to the System | Certificates page and click on the Generate CSR button.
- Enter all the information marked with asterisk (*) in the Generate Certificate Signing Request window.
- Private key password is not required. But if you are entering a private key password, please document it, as it is required during the certificate import.
- Save the csr.zip file from the SMA console to your local workstation.
- Unzip the csr.zip and extract the server.key file for later use after you receive your signed certificate from the CA.
- Open the server.csr file in Notepad and copy the contents into the CA web interface while making your certificate request.
- After the .crt file is received from the CA, copy the .crt file and the .key file that was created during your CSR request to a common directory.
- Rename the .crt file to server.crt and zip the directory.
- Select the server.key file and server.crt file together and right click, choose the option -Send to Compressed (zipped) folder.
- The folder will be named server.zip.
Importing Certificate into SMA:
- Login to the SRA/SMA appliance.
- Navigate to System | Certificates page.
- Click on the Import certificate button.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the server.zip file you just created.
- Enter the Private key password if you entered one when creating the CSR.
- Click on Upload.
- The certificate will be activated only when the radio button is moved to the imported certificate.
- Move the radio button next to the new certificate and click on the Accept button.
CAUTION: Activating the certificate would reboot the SMA. Ater the reboot, the certificate will be active.
Was This Article Helpful?