SMA (Secure Mobile Access) 11.3 - ADA 508 Enhancements
03/26/2020 4 10462
ADA/508 Compliance is much like FIPS compliance in that it is mandated and regulated by the government.
The Administrator (AMC) and User Access (WorkPlace and Connect Tunnel) components provided with your appliance have ADA 508 improvements for the following operating systems:
Enhancements / Improvements
ADA 508 improvements include the following features to improve keyboard usability and compatibility with assistive technologies:
- Keyboard shortcuts and proper keyboard tab order.
- Visual focus that identifies the user's location on a page and allow them to use the Tab key to move between elements on a page. This is especially helpful for tabbed pages, radio buttons, checkboxes, push buttons, and other types of selection methods.
- Meaningful popup captions on property windows, dialog boxes, and non-text elements.
- Completion message when Connect Tunnel successfully completes installation.
- User actions in the Configuration Wizard more accessible.
- Browser-based High Contrast theme, which makes text on the computer screen easier to see. This feature is available on Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox browsers, but results vary based on the operating system and browser combination.
- Login and runtime dialog boxes, session statistics, and status are rearranged to make them more accessible.
- recommends using NonVisual Desktop Access (NVDA) or JAWS screen reading software