SMA 1000 Series Hotfix Update or Rollback Recommendation
10/12/2021 11 People found this article helpful 88,453 Views
Best practices for upgrading SMA 1000 series firmware or applying hotfixes.
Procedure for updating or removing hotfixes on SonicWall SMA 1000 series devices:
- All hotfixes for supported firmware versions are released quarterly.
- Hotfixes are released and web-posted on MySonicwall for SMA 1000 and are cumulative.
- Hotfixes released are supported with a Technote (Must Read) for all administrators. There are Pform & Clt hotfixes (Pform hotfixes are recommended to be applied first and then CLT hotfixes).
- While removing hotfixes it is recommended to remove the CLT-hotfix first and then the Pform-hotfix for specific versions.
- All hotfixes are recommended to be applied from a PC internal to the network where the device is being placed.
- Hotfixes are not recommended to be applied over VPN or any other external network.
- All hotfixes are to be applied to the managed appliance first and then Central Management Server. For standalone appliances apply the Pform hotfix first and then the CLT hotfix.
- The MD5 checksum value is provided to check file Integrity of the hotfix post download.
- Customers are recommended to have console access to their appliances for troubleshooting any failures.
- Appliance configuration backup is ideal prior to applying hotfix or removal of hotfix.
- It is recommended to take a backup of the configuration.
- Having console access to the device is recommended but not mandatory.
- It is recommended for ESXI based deployments to shutdown the appliance and take a snapshot of the instance prior to applying the hotfix.
- For Hyper-V, AZURE or AWS deployments:
- It is recommended to take a backup of the configuration and then shutdown the instance and have a new instance created.
- It is recommended to apply the latest hotfix and then have the configuration imported.
Was This Article Helpful?