Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Safemode options on SonicWall Gen 7 devices
08/17/2020 18 2956
This article lists out the new safe mode options for SonicWall Gen 7 devices.
To get into the safe mode page on SonicWall Gen 7 devices, we need to authenticate using Maintenance Key.
Maintenance Key :
- Login to the MySonicWall account.
- Make sure that you are in the contemporary mode.
- Navigate to Product Management|MY Products.
- Click Product Details, for the device that you want to obtain the Maintenance Key.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the eye symbol, next to Maintenance Key and we should be able to see the Key now.
Safe mode Options:
Two new options have been introduced on the safe mode page.
- Safemode Factory Reset
- Safemode Wipe Appliance
Safemode Factory Reset:
- Perform Factory Reset from SonicWall safemode GUI.
- A Factory Reset will remove the SonicOS settings (prefs), local backups and log files.
- A Factory Reset is different from booting the device with Current Firmware/Uploaded Firmware with Factory Default Configuration.
- In Factory Default configuration, only the current active settings are removed. All settings are reverted to their default values. But the logs and local backed-up settings remain in place.
Safemode Wipe Appliance:
- You can Wipe the Appliance from Safemode GUI.
- Wipe Appliance will remove the firmware, settings, data and logs from the appliance.
- After we have Wiped the Appliance, there is no firmware on the disk.
- You can install the firmware from USB drive or TFTP server.