Redirected to Aventail Workplace Login Page when using Android Phone version 2.2 & 2.3
03/26/2020 1232 10202
When using android phones version 2.2 and 2.3 use the Android mobile proxy based client mobile connect to access any of the web links it redirects to the aventail workplace login page.
This is a known behavior on this version 10.6.0.6 mobile client.
There are 2 possible workarounds for the issue:
- Directly use the workplace login to access the link instead of using the mobile client.
- Configure the portmap settings for the links to access them through the Proxy based mobile connect client.
Here are the steps to perform on the AMC console:
- Under AMC | Agent Configration | Aventail ondemand |Edit
- Click New and enter New name for the Service
- Choose the web server from 'Destination resource'. If it's not present in the list, enter the hostname/address under 'Remote Service'.
- Choose the service from 'Service type'. You can select HTTP/HTTPS based on whether web server is configured with SSL or not.
- Change the port under 'Local Service' to some number above 1024 or leave it empty. This is needed as OS may put restriction on using ports below 1024.
- Click Save.
- If the service shows with green icon, its up and running. If it shows red icon, the service isn't started and could be because the port configured under 'Local Service' is already in use. Then try with different port.
- Tap on the service and it would launch web shortcut in the browser.