DESCRIPTION: This article is to introduce the new features supported in SMA 12.0.0
• Central Management Service (CMS)with Global Traffic Optimizer (GTO) presents a collection of SMA appliances to end users through a single GTO service name (for example access.example.com), which allows users to access their organization's network through an appropriate SMA appliance depending on their global location and other factors.
• Global Traffic Optimizer (GTO) supports backend resources such as WorkPlace sites, custom FQDNs, Active-Sync, and Outlook Anywhere, across all appliances in the GTO service, and you can access those resources through the appliances that are part of the GTO service.
• Biometric Identity Verification provides the option to use biometric identification to unlock cached credentials on Mobile Connect devices.
• RDP, VNC, SSH, and Telnet using HTML5 enables clients to connect to backend systems using RDP, VNC, SSH, and Telnet. HTML5 clients can use Single Sign-On (SSO), copy and paste, multiple language keyboard support, scroll back, and dynamic window resizing. Users also have wider connectivity, such as cross-browser, cross-OS support.
• Legacy and SAML SSO Support with CAM provides unified Single Sign-On (SSO) support for legacy and SAML federated Software as a Service (SaaS) applications using Cloud Access Manager (CAM) as an Identity Provider (IDP).
• Central Reports and Analysis (CRA) feature allows you to view a near real time analysis of what is happening on the CMS managed appliances. You can examine summary information for the entire CMS cluster via charts and graphs on the Central Management Console (CMC).
• Appliance Management Console (AMC) and WorkPlace management interfaces have a new skin and provide a redesigned page layout.
• GTO with Global High Availability (HA) is a new solution for SMA 12.0 that facilitates high availability and disaster recovery for SMA products. The High Availability (HA) Pair product is no longer supported as of SMA 12.0.
NOTE: The following features have been deprecated in SMA 12.0: