NetExtender users fail to get connected throwing an Error Failed to get vpn protocol on firmware 10.2.1.2 or above due to misconfigured protocol
12/13/2021 2 People found this article helpful 60,572 Views
NetExtender users fail to get connected throwing an Error: "Failed to get vpn protocol" on firmware 10.2.1.2 or above due to misconfigured protocol
NetExtender Connection Issue "Error:" failed to get vpn protocol"
- SMA 100 is on a process to introduce to Wireguard Protocol and a client to function based on this Protocol.
- This is an administrative configurable parameter. Administrator's need to enable or toggle these protocols as per their requirements or deployment.
- SMA 100 Post upgrade of firmware version to 10.2.1.2 or above the default setting for wireguard protocol on server/ Appliance is set to “SSLVPN”,
- On Netextender client default option is set in “Auto” mode.
- Administrators on Appliance misconfiguring protocol on either appliance or client would cause client connectivity issues.
SMA 100 Appliance Configuration recommended:
Change the configuration to let client/server have a common protocol. You may do either one of the followings:
- On server side, for “VPN Tunnel Type” select both “SSLPVN” and “Wireguard”
- Or On client side, for Protocol, choose “Automatic”
- Or choose both “SSLVPN” on client and server side
- Or choose both “Wireguard” on client and server side
On SMA 100 firmware 10.2.1.2 or above : Protocol type can be configured from Services | Settings | VPN TUNNEL TYPE SETTINGS
NOTE: By default, when upgraded from previous version without Wireguard support, the default “VPN Tunnel Type” is “SSLVPN”. Changing this to WireGuard would lead to Netextender failure.
Netextender Configuration recommendation and to leave this as default:
Was This Article Helpful?