Modern CT MSI or DGCT MSI Version for distribution
05/11/2020 5 2197
How to extract msi version of Device Guard (DGCT) or Modern Connect Tunnel (MCT) for distribution?
How to extract msi from mct client exe downloaded from Mangement Console-setupnnn.exe using 3rd party tool from WixtoolSet*
MCT "exe" file could be downloaded from Management Console-Agent Configuration-Client installation pakages-Download :
- Download the WiX Toolset
- It can be found here: http://wixtoolset.org/releases/
- The utility called "dark" will be used.
- Open Command Prompt
- Start > Run > cmd > OK
- Enter these commands
- cd C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.10\bin\
- dark.exe "MCTSETUP.exe" -x “path to target folder where we need to create the extracted file”
- View the New Folder
- A folder will be created called "AttachedContainer" with the "ModernConnectTunnel.msi" file within it.
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.11\bin> .\dark.exe "C:\Temp\MCTSetup64.exe" -x "C:\Temp\Extraction"
- Once the msi file is created, we can install it from CMD
C:\WINDOWS\system32>msiexec.exe /i "C:\Temp\Extraction\AttachedContainer\ModernConnectTunnel.msi" Vpnserver="vpn.example.com" Realm=”userRealm”
- Using tools from https://wixtoolset.org/ might need permissions or registration. SonicWALL have used a free version to demo how to extract msi.
- All Copyrights and registered trademarks are proprietory to wixtoolset.org.