Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Modern CT MSI or DGCT MSI Version for distribution
10/22/2020 13 4236
How to extract msi version of Device Guard (DGCT) or Modern Connect Tunnel (MCT) for distribution?
How to extract msi from mct client exe downloaded from Mangement Console-setupnnn.exe using 3rd party tool from WixtoolSet*
MCT "exe" file could be downloaded from Management Console-Agent Configuration-Client installation pakages-Download :
- Download the WiX Toolset
- It can be found here: http://wixtoolset.org/releases/
- The utility called "dark" will be used.
- Open Command Prompt
- Start > Run > cmd > OK
- Enter these commands
- cd C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.10\bin\
- dark.exe "MCTSETUP.exe" -x “path to target folder where we need to create the extracted file”
- View the New Folder
- A folder will be created called "AttachedContainer" with the "ModernConnectTunnel.msi" file within it.
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.11\bin> .\dark.exe "C:\Temp\MCTSetup64.exe" -x "C:\Temp\Extraction"
- Once the msi file is created, we can install it from CMD
C:\WINDOWS\system32>msiexec.exe /i "C:\Temp\Extraction\AttachedContainer\ModernConnectTunnel.msi" Vpnserver="vpn.example.com" Realm=”userRealm”
- Using tools from https://wixtoolset.org/ might need permissions or registration. SonicWALL have used a free version to demo how to extract msi.
- All Copyrights and registered trademarks are proprietory to wixtoolset.org.