Modern Connect tunnel fails to connect to Appliance with Self-Signed Certificate post 12.4.0-02559.
09/25/2020 8 People found this article helpful 85,308 Views
Modern Connect tunnel fails to connect to Appliance with Self-Signed Certificate post 12.4.0-02559. Is this expected?
- SonicWall had to follow security guidelines provided by CSfC for securing communication between client and Appliance.
- Keeping the above guidelines 12.4.0 hotfix-02559 has hardened which would not allow connections if the appliance do not have trusted Certificate.
- MCT Connections have no impact with appliances using valid certificates from a trusted CA.
- This change impacts who use self-signed certificates.
- This is recommended only for internal or feature test or Lab or QA testing devices. Not recommended for production implementation this would pose security risk.
- Add Self-Signed Certificate to trusted sites under Internet Options-Security-Trusted Sites add the url.
- To allow such users for internal testing, below registry key can be used to override the default behavior.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicWall\SonicWall Secure Mobile Access]
Note: This restriction is not implemented for Legacy version of Connect Tunnel.
Was This Article Helpful?