Log Message - HTTPS Handshake: SSL Handshake failure with error 193
03/26/2020 7 15112
The error message, HTTPS Handshake: SSL Handshake failure with error 193, is generated in Logs when logging into the SonicWall management interface.
The log message, HTTPS Handshake: SSL Handshake failure with error 193, is generated when the SSL Handshake between the SonicWall and the client (Browser, NetExtender client) fails.
The error # 193 indicates that the failure is due to the Cipher Suite suggested by the client (in its Client Hello) was rejected by the SonicWall.
This is due to either or both these reasons:
1) The option Enable RC4-Only Cipher Suite Support enabled in the diag page.
2) The option Enable Server Cipher Preference is enabled and Cipher Methods has been set to RC4-MD5.
To disable these options, follow these steps:
Please note, this configuration change will require the restart of the SonicWall, therefore warn your users the brief loss of network connection.
1. Login to the SonicWall management portal
2. In the address bar, change the URL to https:///diag.html
3. Click on Internal Settings
4. Scroll down to the Encryption Settings section
5. Disable the check box under, Enable RC4-Only Cipher Suite Support .
6. Restart the SonicWall
7. Navigate to the SSL VPN | Server Settings page
8. Uncheck the option Enable Server Cipher Preference
9. Click on Accept at the top to save the change
Logout and Login to the management interface and check whether you see the log message.