Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Log automation to Gmail working erratically (only part of logs delivered).
03/26/2020 18 12764
Email account setup correctly, but only part of the logs delivered (sometimes about 10% or less of outbound logs delivered to recipient).
1. Setup a packet capture with source IP defined as your WAN interface IP, IP type TCP, destination port 25;
2. Navigate to Log, click "email now";
3. Export the resulting file as libpcap and open it in Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org);
4. Search the captured packets for MX record followed by EHLO then right click the mx-record containing packet and select "Follow TCP stream"
5. Verify, whether the communication is bidirectional (red text is sent by SonicWall, blue is the reply from Google side).
6. Scroll down to the end of the TCP stream and check, whether this message isn't coming up
7. Visit http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html for instructions on white listing.