Kaspersky install script and troubleshooting
03/26/2020 30 9702
Kasperksy install script to simplify installation and deployment for Customer having issues installing Kaspersky via Internet Explorer and command line, or they think it's too time consuming.
In order to run the required ActiveX, some Customer may need to add http://clientmanager.global.sonicwall.com to Internet Explorer's trusted sites and temporarily set the security settings to low.
1. Download the script (no need for OneDrive Account) from this link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQyIqwjLRvbg9Ye-ramXoin7OYJSw or create install.bat and paste the following:
powershell -Command "(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('http://software.sonicwall.com/Applications/SEC/ClientSoftware/SWECMSetup.msi', 'SWECMSetup.msi')"
powershell -Command "(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('http://software.sonicwall.com/Applications/EndpointComplianceManager/ClientSoftware/Latest/KasperskySDK.msi', 'KasperskySDK.msi')"
msiexec /l*v SWSECsetup.log /qb /I SWECMSetup.msi ECMID=SerialNumber LM_URL=https://clientmanager.global.sonicwall.com/ecm/getClientLicenseInfo
2. Edit install.bat and replace the "SerialNumber" with your Firewall's serial number
3. Save and double click to exec
If that didn’t work, the most likely cause is the recent Windows Update. Uninstall that KB, run the above script, update Kaspersky (DAT update), then restart the PC and don’t forget to install that Windows KB again.
You can download this batch file or look at the command and manually type that on the command prompt to uninstall the following Windows KB.
* Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise: KB4056892 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQyIqwjLRvbg9Ykh_WSInouSMfU5w
* Windows Server 2016 Datacenter: KB4056890 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtQyIqwjLRvbg9YjlWxGg89nM3XzTg
A notice has been issued for SonicWall Enforced Client's (McAfee and Kaspersky). Please see Notice: End of Support for SonicWall Enforced Client for more information.