Items with Non-ASCII characters are not displayed through the Workplace Java Network Explorer
03/26/2020 4 7596
Folders, documents, applications etc. which have non-ASCII characters in their name do not appear when browsing a Network share using the Workplace Java Network Explorer.
Sonicwall Engineering identified and addressed in firmware version 10.6.1
If you are running a firmware version of 10.6.0 or earlier, you can upgrade your firmware to resolve this issue.
Here's how to upgrade your firmware:
- Go to System | Settings and click Export Settings.
- You will get a prompt to save to a location. It's always a good idea to have a saved settings file in case of a problem or to re-provision the appliance quickly in case of hardware replacement. Once you have the settings exported you can download the firmware you are going to upgrade to.
- Navigate to www.mysonicwall.com.
- Log in with the proper credentials.
- Go to Downloads.
- In the drop down for Software Type choose the hardware platform you are going to upgrade. (Example: SRA 4600)
- Click on the link for the firmware you wish to upgrade to. Please note that there may be several version on this page often a "General Release" and an "Early Release" You will be asked to save the file to a location.
- Now from the Web UI of the SRA appliance navigate back to System | Settings.
- Click Upload New Firmware.You will get a pop up from which you can browse to the file.
- Once the file has finished uploading you will see 2 new images you can boot to:
- Uploaded Firmware New
- Uploaded Firmware With Factory Defaults New
- The boot Icon is all the way to the right.
- Boot to the one that says Uploaded Firmware New and it will migrate your settings.
- Boot to the one that says Uploaded Firmware With Factory Defaults New and it will remove all your settings and will be in Factory Default State.
- For Virtual Appliance there is no image to boot to; as soon as you upload new firmware it will boot to it automatically and migrate your settings.
- Verify that the appliance upgraded successfully by going to System | Status and verify the firmware version is correct.