Is SonicWall NetExtender compatible with Windows 10?
03/26/2020 102 People found this article helpful 103,309 Views
SonicWall NetExtender is compatible with Windows 10. This depends on the version of NetExtender you are using.
- SonicWall NetExtender (lower than 8.0.241) sometimes generates errors with Windows 10 (RAS error 651), preventing connections from establishing successfully.
- SonicWall NetExtender 8.0.241 and higher work with Windows 10.
- An alternative to NetExtender for Windows 10 is the SonicWall Mobile Connect.
- Older versions of NetExtender (8.0.238 and earlier) use SHA1 using 1024 bits for digital signature, which is no longer supported.
- Certificates on the firewall are signed using SHA-1 which is no longer supported by most browsers.
This issue can be resolved by:
- Using NetExtender 8.0.241 (latest), or by using SonicWall Mobile Connect for Windows 10, which can be found in the Microsoft App store.
- Regenerating the certificates with SHA-2 on the SonicWall UTM Appliance.
In the case of a Self-signed certificate:
- Navigate to System | Administration.
- Select Regenerate Certificate.
- Reboot the SonicWall. The certificate will be re-signed using SHA-2 with 2048 bits.
In the case of a SonicWall SRA Appliance:
- Navigate to System | Certificates.
- Select the certificate and click Configure.
- Modify the common name of the certificate.
- The SRA appliance will Reboot for the changes to take effect.
Was This Article Helpful?