Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Is SNAT based IP Address Pool recommended for Tunnel Client deployment?
10/22/2020 1 4430
What are the recommended IP Address Pool types that could be assigned for Tunnel users?
SonicWall Recommends to use IP Pools distributed either using
- DHCP Server -Which should be routable to internal interface of the appliance.
- User-Mapped addressed pool configured with help of Radius Authentication.
- Routed Address Pool -Static.
1) SonicWALL does not recommend SNAT based IP Pool address for Tunnel Users in their production deployments for remote users on any firmware version.
2) SNAT based IP Pool deployments impact appliance stability, performance, as well as adds overhead in retrieving user information.
3) Warning as above have been introduced in firmware version 12.3 or later.