- A Virtual Appliance running SRA 7.5.0.x can be upgraded to SRA 184.108.40.206 in the normal way, from the System > Settings page. - A Virtual Appliance running SRA 7.0.0.x cannot be upgraded to SRA 220.127.116.11 because of operating system changes in the Virtual Appliance software. Instead, you must reconfigure the virtual machine as explained in the following steps:
1. Export the configuration settings from the old virtual appliance.
2. Make a note of the serial number and authentication code of the old virtual appliance. You can find these on the System > Status page.
3. Shut down and power off the old virtual appliance.
4. Deploy a new virtual appliance using the SRA 18.104.22.168 OVA file available from www.mysonicwall.com.
5. Power on the new virtual appliance and configure the X0 interface using the CLI.
6. Log into the new virtual appliance as “admin” and import your saved configuration settings.
7. In mySonicWall, click on the serial number of the old virtual appliance. On the Service Management page of that appliance, click the Delete button to delete licensing for the old virtual appliance. If you are unable to delete the licensing, you can try to delete that serial number from your account and register it again, this time using as well the ID of the new virtual machine where the new SRA has been installed. If you still have issues after that, please contact SonicWall support.