Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
I cannot start RDP connections "Because of a protocol error detected"
12/20/2019 1071 21169
I log into the virtual office, I click on the bookmark, it seems to go through and then I got the following error:
"Because of a protocol error detected at the client (code 0x1104), this session will be disconnected"
On the remote PC side.
- Ensure that your remote PC is ready to accept remote connections.
- Windows firewall might be blocking the remote connections.
- Antivirus software might be blocking the remote connections.
On the firewall side.
- Please ensure that you have your firewall in the latest general release at least.
- Ensure as well that the firewall is able to reach the remote server (Navigate to system|diagnostics and try to ping the server).
- Check the VPN access list of the user that logs to the Virtual Office, he must have the network of the server that it’s trying to reach.
- Configure as well the client routes and IP for the Net Extender client are configured even though you are going to use the Virtual Office.
How to Test:
After applying all the changes try to log into the bookmark again.