HTML5 based applications (Citrix, VMware, vCenter, RDWeb) support in SMA
10/22/2020 3 People found this article helpful 188,682 Views
HTML5 based applications (Citrix, VMware, vCenter, RDWeb) support in SMA 12.4.0 and 12.3.0
SonicWALL supports Applicatons like Citrix, VMware, vCenter & RDWeb over HTML5 or Workplace Lite Mode on 12.4.0
a) URL Resource translation to be selected as custom FQDN:
b) Custom FQDN is the name which needs a Cert and publicly resolvable to External IP of the appliance.
c) Needs Web application profile to be created and assigned to this URL.
- Admin has to perform an additional task, where they need to create a "Web Application profile".
2.Assign newly create profile to HTML5 based URL resources.
3.The “Web Application profile” should enable “Translate Websocket URL” under "Content translation" mode.
4.This profile handles WebSocket URL translation & redirect its traffic to appliance which in turn proxy to respective back-end.
Next Step in Profile Creation:
Next Step to modify newly created Web Application Profile:
Finally We need to assign this profile to the Url resource created:
- Citrix HTML5 client => Supported from 11.2.0
- VMware Horizon HTML5 client => Supported with CEM "EW_HTML5_VMWARE_RESOURCE" from 12.1.0/12.3.0 Mar 2019 Hotfix
- vCenter HTML5 client => Supported with CEM "EW_HTML5_VCENTER_RESOURCE" from 12.1.0/12.3.0 Jun 2019 Hotfix
- RDWeb HTML5 client > Not supported
- Note All above values are set to true.
12.4.0: (All above CEM's are invalid)
- Citrix HTML5 client => Supported
- VMware Horizon HTML5 client => Supported, CEM not required
- vCenter HTML5 client => Supported, CEM not required
- RDWeb HTML5 client => Supported
Was This Article Helpful?