How To use the "Check Network Settings" tool
03/26/2020 56 12788
The Network Settings Check tool allows administrator to automatically test all or some selected items that may cause problems in network connectivity or service availability. These items include Default Gateway setting, DNS setting, License Manager Server connectivity and Contents Filter Server connectivity.
Once an item is tested, this tool will return the result of test in time or indicates that the operation is timeout. The return data is consisted of two parts: Result and Note. Result is a summary of test, while the Note provides some details which would be helpful to determine what cause is if any problem exist.
Usage of Network Settings Check:
1. Login to management and navigate to Diagnostics | Check Network Settings tool
2. Click any buttons with “Test” text to check the setting described at the head of this row. There is not limitation that the user must click only one button to test only one setting at the same time
3. To test selected network settings, check on any checkboxes representing the settings, and then clicks the “Test All Selected” button.
4. After each check retrieves a result, it will display the result to the administrator with proper style: A successful probe with a check mark and a failed probe with a cross mark. There is also some detail information coming with the results to make the administrator deep inside what happened during the test. These informations are put in “Test Results” and “Notes” fields.
5. If there are any failed probes, the administrator could click the right arrows just before the IP Address field of failed items to jump to the configuration pages where he/she may find the root cause.